American Curriculum Schools Abu Dhabi
The Elite school offers the Common Core Standard American curriculum, in accordance to ADEK requirements and to the needs of the UAE community.
Today’s students are preparing to enter a world in which colleges and businesses are demanding more than ever before. To ensure all students are ready for success after high school, the Common Core State Standards establish clear, consistent guidelines for what every student should know and be able to do from kindergarten through 12th grade.
The Common Core is informed by the highest, most effective standards from states across the United States and countries around the world.
The standards were drafted by experts and teachers from across the USA and are designed to ensure students are prepared for today’s entry-level careers, freshman-level college courses, and workforce training programs. The Common Core focuses on developing the critical-thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills students will need to be successful.
The standards are:
- Research- and evidence-based
- Clear, understandable, and consistent
- Aligned with college and career expectations
- Based on rigorous content and application of knowledge through higher-order thinking skills
- Built upon the strengths and lessons of current state standards
- Informed by other top performing countries in order to prepare all students for success in our global economy and society